Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Google Wave, in a Week?

Well, I never thought I would see the day but according to the google article HERE the wave preview will finally be released next week. As I have all of my email addies on the waiting list I hope to be able to give this a spin soon and let you know what I think of it =P.

For those that don't know what Wave is I recommend going to the google wave site and watching the 1.5 hour long vid (yes it really does take that long to show everything this piece of kit can do). If you are way to impatient to watch 2 Google Geeks text each other across the room though you can go HERE and get a run down of the highlights of how this will change the way email, photosharing, txting, IMing, doc writing and every ruddy other thing under the sun will be changed by this.

On another note I think it was awfully nice of google to offer chrome frame for all you poor IE sods out there. This delightful pluggin is used to push IE (forcibly) into the modern Java and HTML5 world. Just think about it Explorer masses, it will almost be like using a decent browser, yet still let you have your clunky, ungainly, virus infesting web portal of the 90's (this is assuming it lets you on the net at all and doesn't block your pop-up or tell you the site is a phishing site or any other host of messages that a person with half a brain does not require to navigate the web scam/virus free). The thing is, Google doesn't want your poor, uninformed browser choice to make them look bad so they are playing nice with you for now. In the end though I think Google' well played download button says it all:




Notice the pleading tone coming from the "Or, you can use one of these (functional/quick/customizable/not built by a block head) browsers" -amplification added for those using IE; and yes I know Safari doesn't customize well either but...

No comments:

Post a Comment